Museums in NYC
There are many great museums in NYC and if you are making plans to visit the city of Manhattan, here are some must see museums in the vicinity of the Manhattan Club. In addition to providing residence-style accommodations and a central location convenient to museums in NYC, you’ll have the services of our knowledgeable concierge to guide you through the city. Here is the inside scoop on which museums in Manhattan to visit and the best times to beat the crowd.
- With approximately 3 million visitors per year the Museum of Modern Art or MOMA is one of the most visited museums in Midtown Manhattan.
- There are well-known pieces on display by famous artists such as, Frida Kahlo, Andy Warhol, Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet and Vincent van Gogh.
- The best time to go to beat the crowd is 10:30am, as soon as their door opens.
- Admission is free on Friday nights between 4pm - 8pm, but to avoid long lines, best to arrive after 6pm.
- Featuring exhibits in literature, films, television and even video games, the American Museum of Natural History is one of the largest museums in the world.
- Don’t miss the Hayden Planetarium and the infamous whale in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life. The Butterfly Conservatory, which features hundreds of live butterflies in a heated environment that feels like an oasis in winter, is also very popular.
- To avoid the crowd, the best time to visit the museum is late afternoons or early on Sunday mornings.
- This museum is perfect for families traveling with younger children.
- There is a 2,000 piece collection of international children’s art.
- For children under the age of 5, Wee Arts drop-in classes offer music time, story time, and art time.
- Kids can also work their bodies, as well as their minds on the museum's second floor, where they'll find interactive art displays and a ball pit.
- On Thursdays from 4–6pm, no admission fee is required, only a donation of what you wish to pay.
Of all the museums in New York City, New York Hall of Science is the only hands-on science and technology center you’ll find.
- It has more than 450 hands-on exhibits, a 60,000 square-foot outdoor science playground and Rocket Park, where you can experience how a nine-hole miniature golf course really is rocket science and see the vintage Atlas and Titan rockets up close and personal.
- Enjoy free general admission on Fridays, 2 – 5 pm and Sundays, 10 – 11 am.
Start of your New York City planning by booking your stay at the Manhattan Club Hotel. We offer luxury suites, designed with the perfect balance of sophistication and relaxation. Whether you’re planning a couple’s getaway or a family vacation, our suites are ideal for both. Situated in the heart of Manhattan, our hotel is convenient to not only museums in New York City, but many other attractions including, Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center. But what sets the Manhattan Club Hotel apart from other hotels in New York City is the personalized service our concierge can provide you. From making dinner reservations, acquiring Broadway Theater tickets to museum passes, our concierge will bring you up to date on special events taking place in town, as well as new exhibits, restaurants, shops and sights to explore. Book Manhattan Club today, we look forward to your stay.