Things to Do in New York City in the Spring
Spring isn’t just a beautiful time in NYC, there are also plenty of things to do in New York City this time of year, and there’s no doubt if you’re visiting the city, you’ll find something to suit all ages and interests. We’ve rounded up some of the top spring events in New York City.
Top Spring Events in NYC
New York International Auto Show - check out the future’s hottest vehicles before they even hit the streets. The auto show is North America’s oldest and most well attended show, featuring pretty much every new make and model of car, as well as some seriously innovative automotive technology and the latest in green technology.
Macy’s Flower Show – what better way to celebrate spring than with Macy’s stunning floral arrangements at its flagship store on Broadway. The two-week event includes plenty of kid’s activities, live music, and floral-related seminars.
Tribeca Film Festival – the film festival was launched after 9/11 as an effort to promote the economic and cultural revival of Lower Manhattan. It’s a great platform for filmmakers to present all their latest work and a good opportunity for viewers to check out the latest documentaries, short films, foreign films, and even enjoy free outdoor screenings.
- Yankees and Mets Home Openers – with the Yankees being one of the most successful franchises in sports and winning 27 World Series Championships, as well as being home to legends like Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth, visitors to the city cannot miss out on a game! The home opening games of both the Yankees and Mets generate so much excitement in the city and they are the perfect outing as we head into Spring.
- Fleet Week - Every May there is a seven day celebration, which honors the members of the United States Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps. This week long party features many exciting events, including the Parade of Ships and a Memorial Day ceremony. Come out and cheer for our men and women in uniform!
- Biking in NYC - with the warmer weather arriving, there's no better time to go biking in New York City. There are a growing number of bike lanes and bike paths, in addition to the Citi Bike program that support the interest in city biking.There are also plenty of bike shops in the city where you can rent some wheels for day. Enjoy a trip through some of the beautiful NYC parks or explore beyond the city to some nearby destinations.
- Memorial Day in New York City- Memorial Day is the un-official kick-off to summer, so why not enjoy it in New York City. There are plenty of fun things to do, excitng events and of course, fantastic parades throughout Manhattan.
- Manhattan Street Fairs & Festivals - Springtime in New York is the start to the many wonderfule street fairs and festivals that take place all over Manhattan. There are so many to choose from and each one has its own unique offerings. From the 5th Avenue Festival and the Times Square Springfest to the Grand Central Food Fair and the Midtown West Spring Fair, you'll find there are plenty to choose from. A great way to spend the day in NYC!
The Manhattan Club is the perfect base from which to explore New York in the Spring. We look forward to hosting you.