Things to Do in New York City in the Summer
Whether you are planning a summer getaway to NYC, or simply looking for things to do in New York City, there is plenty to look forward to during the summer months.
NYC Activities to Check Out
There are so many NYC activities to check out this summer, including:
- Bryant Park Film Festival – Check out classic films under the stars, every Monday from May 24 – August 22. Bring your blanket and lawn seating. The lawn opens at 5:00pm for picnicking and the films begin at sunset. It’s the perfect summer evening activity.
- Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks – Come join the fun, the spectacle of lights and the amazing music as we celebrate America’s birthday. The biggest Independence Day display will take place at the East River at 9:20PM. It’s a star spangled event you won’t want to miss.
- Summer Street Fairs – Some of the most anticipated NYC events are the street fairs which take place every weekend all the way through to November in a variety of areas throughout NYC. Summer street fairs feature delicious food, great music and countless vendors. You can pick and choose from so many.
- Yankees and Mets games – What would NYC activities be in the summer without tickets to a Yankees or Mets game? Whether you’re a Yankee fan or a Met fan, there’s nothing like cheering on your favorite team. Make sure to get your tickets today!
- Restaurant week – Summer restaurant week is a great time to visit New York City. It’s the perfect chance to try some of the city’s finest dining choices. Enjoy a great selection of restaurants participating from July 24 – August 19.
- Movies in Central Park – Don’t miss free outdoor screenings of top films this summer in Central Park. This free event takes place rain or shine. Gates open at 6:30pm and films begin at 8:00pm. Make the evening even better and bring your blanket and a picnic.
- Broadway in Bryant Park – Catch great Broadway hits in Bryant Park from July 7 – August 11. Performances take place every Thursday from 12:30pm-1:30pm. It’s a great chance to see some of Broadway’s best for free.
- Lincoln Center Festival– Check out an array of fine performances during the Lincoln Center Festival. From July 13 – 31, you can see great entertainment from around the globe, including operas and exciting musical ensembles.
- Shakespeare in the Park– from May 24 – August 14 you can see a variety of all-time favorite plays in the park performed by some of today’s leading actors and actresses. Tickets are free, but very difficult to get. They are only available the day of the show and well worth it if you can get them. This year’s performances include, The Taming of the Shrew and Troilus and Cressida.
Don’t miss out on the array of New York City summer events. Be sure to book your stay with us here at the Manhattan Club.